- Some people have very strong fears of certain objects or situations. Do you have any strong fears of certain objects or situations?
- Does the feared object or situation provoke immediate fear or anxiety?
- Do you avoid the object or situation or endure it with intense fear or anxiety?
- Have you feared the object or situation for at least six months?
- Feel your heart racing, pounding, fluttering, or skipping beats?
- Tremble or shake?
- Have trouble catching your breath, or feel like you were being smothered?
- Feel like you were choking?
- Have chest pain, pressure, tightness or discomfort?
- Feel nauseated, sick to your stomach, or like you might have diarrhea?
- Feel dizzy, light-headed, unsteady, or like you might faint?
- Have chills or feel hot?
- Feel numbness or tingling in your fingers or feet?
- Feel like things around you were unreal, like you were in a dream, like parts of your body were unreal or detached from you, or like you were outside of yourself, watching?
- Fear you were going crazy or might lose control?
- Fear you might die?
Do any of the symptoms ever reach their peak quickly, within a few minutes? Do you worry about having more of them? Did you change your behaviour or routine after the attacks began?
- Do you often think about the possibility that you have, or will get, some type of serious illness?
- Have you been experiencing any physical pain or medical symptoms?
- Do you experience a high level of anxiety about your health?
- Do you perform excessive health related behaviours (i.e. repeatedly checking your body for signs of illness) or exhibit maladaptive avoidance (i.e. avoid doctor’s appointments and hospital visits)?
- Have you been worried about having or getting a serious illness for at least six months?
These are some of the types of anxiety that I can help you overcome, so let’s chat.